Uncovering Hidden Impairment Toolkit
The Uncovering Hidden Impairment toolkit is free of charge to employers, all we ask is that employers sign up some minimal commitments in terms of implementing the toolkit, in return employers have full access to the resources as well as the opportunity to receive free facilitated training on hidden impairments, there is no financial input required from employers.
The purpose of this toolkit is to offer advice and guidance to Staff in the following job roles; reception/security, advisor and telephony. The toolkit provides comprehensive information to enable staff to anticipate individuals with the following hidden impairments:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) – Sometimes referred to as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) – Sometimes referred to as Dyspraxia.
- Dyslexia – Sometimes referred to as reading disorders/difficulties.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – This will include Asperger Syndrome (AS).
- Specific Language Impairments (SLI) – Sometimes referred to as non verbal learning disorder, receptive language, expressive language and pragmatic language difficulties.
How does the toolkit work?
The toolkit is free of charge to employers, all the group asks is that employers sign up some minimal commitments in terms of implementing the toolkit, in return employers have full access to the resources as well as the opportunity to receive facilitated training on hidden impairments.
Employers signing up to the minimal commitments will also be listed as an associated member of the Hidden Impairments National Group and will be recognised on our website. Members will also have access to a members only section of the website which will host the toolkit, as well as any updates to the resources or new resources that are developed by the group.
How does an employer access the toolkit?
Employers can contact the group via email firstname.lastname@example.org to register their interest in the toolkit. A representative from the group will then contact you to setup a meeting where we will discuss the most effective way of implementing the toolkit within your workplace.